- Learn: PTSD Treatment Works.
- Start with PTSD Basics, key information about trauma, PTSD and treatment options. For more advanced information, watch the PTSD 101 Course: PTSD Overview. The National Center for PTSD offers many free, in-depth Continuing Education Courses for Professionals as well.
- Take the mystery out of PTSD treatment. The short whiteboard video PTSD Treatment: Know Your Options reviews the best treatments. And visit AboutFace, a website where Veterans, their family members and clinicians talk about turning life around with PTSD treatment.
- Connect: Reach Out.
- Do you think you might have PTSD or know someone at risk? Take action. Find out what to do if you think you might have PTSD and learn where to get help.
- Managing PTSD is easier with the support of others. If you are getting treatment, or have finished treatment, there are self-help tools for managing stress. You can also view tips to help caregivers manage self-care: support for family and friends
- Connect with the National Center for PTSD on Facebook or Twitter to get up-to-date information or to ask questions about PTSD and treatment. Subscribe to their email publications – PTSD Monthly Update, Clinician’s Trauma Update-Online, or PTSD Research Quarterly – and let others know they are free. The printable PDF with ways to raise PTSD awareness is also easy to share.
- Join the PTSD Awareness campaign! The National Center for PTSD has tips and materials to help you organize an event or share information about PTSD and effective treatments.